The ACT recently made several important announcements. Make sure you've prepared well before you head to the test--not just content-wise but also logistically. Here are the important takeaways:
1. Registration for the September 7-8 test window opens on Friday, July 20. Register as soon as you can--there is limited availability at testing centres, so make sure you get a slot!
2. Test takers taking the test will receive a whiteboard and marker, not scratch paper. One side of the whiteboard will have a grid on it and the other side will be blank.
3. By September 2018, nearly all international test-takers will have to take the test in a computer-based format. However, students who have 50% extra-time accommodations can request the paper-based exam instead of the computer-based one, if they so choose. Students with other accommodations must still take the paper exam.
4. It will now cost $150 (around Rs 10,300) to take the ACT without Writing. It will cost $166.50 (Rs 11,500) to take the ACT with Writing.
5. The choice of which testing dates to offer and which testing windows to offer (morning or afternoon) will be up to the individual test centres.Make sure you check the times and dates carefully!
6. As has been the case before, test takers can have their ACT scores sent automatically to up to four universities/colleges, free of charge. Students now must rank those universities in order of their preference, and the universities will see where they ranked on students' lists.
Test Dates: ACT Deadlines for the Coming Months
September 7-8, 2018 // Register by August 10, 2018
October 26-27, 2018 // Register by September 28, 2018
December 7-8, 2018 // Register by November 2, 2018
February 8-9, 2019 // Register by January 11, 2019
April 12-13, 2019 // Register by March 8, 2019
(Late registration option available)
*For each of the two days within an ACT testing window, there will be morning and afternoon sessions offered. Session availability may vary by test center. Learn more about the changes coming to the ACT test at international test centers.
Test Dates: SAT and Subject Tests Deadlines for the Coming Months
New SAT I, Subject tests and ACT dates announced!
SAT I & Subject Tests
6th October 2018 // Register by 7th September 2018
1st December 2018 // Register by 2nd November 2018
9th March 2019 // Register by 8th February 2019
4th May 2019 // Register by 5th April 2019
* Make sure to check if the subject tests that you want to attempt are being conducted on the day you choose
Good luck with preparations, and on test day!